Five Best DDR4 Desktop Memory Upgrades from Top Brands
Why Do You Need To Upgrade Desktop Memory?
If you are building a new PC or upgrading an old one. it is necessary to get the right memory module in order to enhance the system’s performance. Here is a brief guide on Memory Upgrade for Desktop System for your system.
What is desktop memory?
Desktop Memory or RAM (random access memory) is the short-term memory that is capable of performing several tasks at once such as loading applications, editing a spreadsheet, browsing the internet, or loading games. it allows the system to switch between these tasks frequently and efficiently. Hence. The better the RAM is, the better the system performance. For instance, if you opt for desktop memory with a clock speed of 3,000MHz but your processor can only support a clock speed of around 2,666MHz then this upgrade won’t add any value to the performance of the system. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure the capability of the memory with the processor as there are certain systems that support DDR4 SDRAM whereas the older version of processors can only support memory modules up to DDR3 memory.
Factors To Consider When Buying Desktop Memory
If you are looking to Upgrade Desktop Memory, there are certain factors such as how much capacity you need or what clock speed should be, or what is latency in memory, that need to be considered. Here’s a brief guide on the factors that need to be considered while choosing the best RAM for your desktop.
- Interface – to choose the right interface it is necessary to know what kind of DDR slot the motherboard has. Hence, while choosing the right motherboard one should know what kind of RAM will be used. For instance, if the motherboard has a DDR3 slot then you cannot use DDR2 RAM on it.
- Frequency – Another important factor to be considered is the frequency of RAM. If the RAM you chose has a lower frequency than the motherboard that has a comparatively higher frequency than the chosen RAM, it may result in damaging both the components. However, the chances of damaging these components are minimized if the RAM has a higher frequency than the motherboard,
- Capacity – The capacity of the RAM is usually determined by the type of task that the user needs to perform. The more complicated the tasks are, the more RAM is needed. The capacity of RAM for the PC usually ranges from 4GB to 32GB. The memory can be added to enhance the performance of the system.
- Timing – latency or timing is the delayed communication between the request sent by the memory controller till the information is saved on the memory chips. But it is necessary to reduce the latency and increase the bandwidth.
- Single channel vs Multichannel – another factor to be considered is the number of channels. These number of channels on the motherboards refer to the number of paths that the memory communicates in order to reach the memory controller.
Best DDR4 Memory for Upgrade Desktop PCs
Are you looking to upgrade desktop memory? With too many options to choose from, the following are the top five most reliable DDR4 desktop memory from top manufacturers.
KVR32N22D8/32 Kingston 32GB PC4-25600 DDR4 Memory
KVR32N22D8/32 Kingston 32GB DDR4 Memory is one of high-performing memory upgrades that consists of storage capacity that ranges up to 32GB followed by the clock speed of 3200MHz. This DDR4 SDRAM consists of 288-pins and can operate at a voltage as low as 1.2V. This memory chip offers a great blend of high- speed and low latency.
M378A4G43AB2-CWE Samsung 32GB PC4-25600 DDR4 Memory
M378A4G43AB2-CWE Samsung 32GB DDR4 Memory increases the data transfer speed up to 3200MHz with a reduction in power consumption of up to 39 percent. The memory is designed to cater to all the technical requirements of all the users with its 32GB capacity. This DDR4 RAM consists of 288 pins followed by a latency of CL21 and consists of 4 banks which helps to minimize delays in data transfer.
CT32G4DFD832A Crucial 32GB PC4-25600 DDR4 Memory
CT32G4DFD832A Crucial 32GB PC4-25600 DDR4 Memory featuring CL22 latency and can operate at 1.2V that helps to reduce power consumption. This desktop memory comes in 32GB capacity with the clock speed of 3200MHz. The memory is known to be more reliable and deliver responsive performance.
HMAA4GU6AJR8N-XNN0 Hynix 32GB PC4-25600 DDR4 Memory
HMAA4GU6AJR8N-XNN0 Hynix 32GB PC4-25600 DDR4 Memory is the fastest performing memory with 32GB followed by 2666MHz clock speed. Further, this non-ECC memory consists of 288-pins that can operate at 1.2V.
SNP732YDC/32G Dell 32GB PC4-25600 DDR4 Memory
SNP732YDC/32G Dell 32GB PC4-25600 DDR4 Memory is the unbuffered DIMM that consists of 32GB storage capacity with the clock speed of 3200MHz with 288-pins that ensures high performance and reliability. Then memory can operate at 1.2V with the memory standard of DDR4-3200/PC4-25600.
Buy the Best DDR4 Memory for Upgrade Desktop System
To upgrade your desktop with the latest DDR4 Memory, visit memory4less.com and get the best memory deals with free ground shipping. These high-end DDR4 desktop memory are available in several variations of speed, capacity, form factors, and other factors. You can choose the right one from your favorite brands such as Hynix, Dell, Crucial, Samsung, Kingston, and more.
In case of any queries regarding the DDR4 memory module for your desktop, kindly contact our memory engineers through our live chat or call us at (800) 821-3354.